As years pass, air ducts and dryer vents get dirty, it’s very common. Proper maintenance can help prevent future health problems, so setting up a yearly clean of our HVAC system is recommended. The proper maintenance of these ducts and vents can get overlooked and you can tell you need to have them cleaned as soon as possible by giving them a quick examination. Proper maintenance of your property’s air duct or dryer vent has the potential to reduce your monthly heating bills and help prevent potential fire hazards.
Complete HVAC Cleaning
The last thing you want is for any contaminants to be spread further than they already are. You’re trying to eliminate them, not spread them to other areas of your residential or commercial property. If the duct cleaning is not performed under strong negative air pressured (a vacuum) then that is exactly what will happen. The problem won’t only not be fixed, but you will more than likely make the situation a whole lot worse.
How to tell when your air ducts need to be cleaned
Here are a few signs that will tell you if you need a HVAC Duct Cleaning. If any of the following has happened to you, it is time to get your air ducts and dryer vents cleaned as soon as possible:
- Your HVAC system needs a tune up and it is old.
- A family member or resident of your property has allergies or respiratory problems.
- You own a pet. Pet hairs and dander can get into the system, spreading throughout the property.
- Your live in an older home that has decades of circulating dust.
- Your home was recently remodeled, resulting in a lot of dust.
- If you have a pregnant family member in the home as well as if you have an immune deficient family member in the home.